Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Deja Vu

Noah is asleep on my chest as I'm writing this.  We don't have many moments like these it seems.  Noah was diagnosed with acid reflux last week.  Landon had it when he was this age too.  We aren't able to give him the recommended dosage of Zantac for his weight until he is a month old so he is currently on a smaller dose.  I'm hoping that we'll see this "liquid gold" work it's magic next week when we can give him the full dose.  For now, he acts like Landon did.  I'm glad we caught it early.  I don't think Landon was diagnosed and treated for it until he was 8 weeks old.  I'm a little disappointed that we're going through this again, to be honest.  I think one experience with a baby who has reflux is enough to last a lifetime, but God has other plans.  It breaks my heart to see him in pain.  I'm starting to think that the parents out there who say that their children started sleeping through the night since birth, ate once every 4 hours, and only cried on very rare occasions are full of crap.

My best friend is adjusting beautifully to motherhood.  I didn't expect anything less from her.  I'm glad that we're able to raise our children together.  Her daughter is absolutely precious.  We're going to have a "play date" tomorrow, Noah permitting.

Landon is getting so big.  He amazes me every day.  He can now pick mommy, daddy, gammy, and gampy out in the pictures my mom has of us hanging in the hallway.  When Dusty picked Landon up at the sitter today he put his head on Dusty's shoulder and started patting Dusty's back.  He did the same thing to me when I got home from class tonight.  He can say "kitty" and "sit," although "sit" sounds more like a curse word.  He also says "here" and "that."  "That" sounds like "tha.....t" with a heavy emphasis on the "t."  His favorite word is "neh," which, in Landon speak, means "no."  He makes me laugh so much.

We get closer to Noah feeling better every week that goes by.  I hate acid reflux.  If it had a face, I would punch it.  I'm suppose to be enjoying how little Noah is, but I'm wishing this time away and praying that it will get easier sooner.

I am still blessed beyond words.  If having a fussy baby with acid reflux is the biggest thing I have to complain about, then I still think I'm doing pretty darn good.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Aw, I'm sorry things are tough right now. I agree - I think parents who say they had easy newborns have just forgotten how hard it is! It's just a time of survival, lol. I'll be experiencing it again soon too....

Post a Comment